Saturday, September 1, 2018

Ganeshotsav #TTC4 - Art Journal Page

Hi Friends,

We are back with a fun theme this month at The Twisted Challenges. The theme this month is "Celebrations + Monochrome", i.e. you need to create a project on any festival or occasion that you celebrate and use only 1 color and its variations to create your project. 


For inspiration this month, I have created an art journal celebrating my favorite God "Ganpati" and favorite festival for which I wait all year long "Ganeshotsav". Ganpati, the elephant God is believed to be the Destroyer of All Obstacles and is considered "Pratham Pujniya" i.e. God that you worship 1st before commencing any new work. If you have ever lived in Mumbai or ever visited Mumbai during Ganeshotsav, you would know why it is my favorite festival. Mumbai comes to life during festival. All streets are lit up with lights, there are pandals everywhere with "Sarvjanik Ganpati" (make shift tents having big idols of Ganpati where public can offer prayers) as well as people get Ganpati idols at home for worship. Friends and family visit each other's house to offer prayers. This festival also brings together people of all religions and faith. Mumbai becomes 1 during this festival. If you are in India, and you want to see true Mumbai spirit, you should visit Mumbai once during Ganeshotsav. It is one big festival celebrated for 10-11 days before Ganpati is bid farewell. Entire Mumbai is literally on streets on last day and when everyone shouts in unison "Ganpati Bappa Morya, Pudchya Varshi Lawkar Ya" (hail lord Ganpati, come soon next year), it gives you a different high which you can only experience by visiting Mumbai.  

Here is my art journal page to inspire you.

Ganeshotsav Art Journal Page


Some steps to create:
  • I stamped the Ganpati Image from CrafTangles Stamp "Ganpati Bappa" using Ranger Archival Black ink.
  • I colored the image using Cretacolor pencil colors in shades of blue. 
  • I outlined image with Sakura Microns to thicken the outline.
  • Once I was happy with the image, I colored the background using Ranger Distress Oxide Ink Broken China using a blending tool.
  • I stamped one of the Ganesh Mantra (prayer) (custom stamp from Mudra) in Broken China ink to add texture to the page.
  • I then stamped Om and small Ganpati stamp from a custom stamp from Mudra using Ranger Cobalt Blue ink.
  • To finish the page, I doodled around the edges using Sakura gel pens and Sakura brush Microns.

I hope you loved this simple page & my interpretation of our theme. Hop on the "The Twisted Challenges" to read all about the challenge, rules & some stunning inspiration from other design team members.

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta
Crafty Flirtations

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog content. because stationery equipment and its online services are very popular in our trending and modern life. it's important to supply stationery goods and services where it's needed. So We have launched our-eshop.com to provide the world’s best quality stationery and printing services in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), at your doorstep. Buy Office Supplies

    ReplyDelete