Monday, June 13, 2016

One Stamp ATC

Hi friends,

I am sharing a mixed-media ATC with you all today. This ATC was made as a part of an Indian ATC exchange group and we were allowed to use only 1 stamp or 1 stamp set to make the ATC. Being the newbie stamper I am, who loves using stamps for everything possible, this was  a great opportunity to look at other supplies I have to complete the ATC. 



Materials Used:

  • Iris Paper
  • Acetate Sheet
  • Distress Ink: Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Dried Marigold & Aged Mahogany
  • Adirondack Ink: Cranberry & Lettuce
  • Alcohol Blending Solution 
  • Penny Black Clear Stamps - Blooming Garden
  • Blending Foam & Felt 
  • Koi Water Brush
  • Sakura 24 colour water color pen 
  • Helix Alphabet Stencil 
  • Sakura micro 05
  • Butterfly sequins
  • Red tacky tape 
  • Foam tape
  • Paper Twine

Method: 

  • Using distress ink squeezed lemonade, wild honey & dried marigold, I created the background
  • Then I distressed the edges of the background using aged mahogany distress ink
  • For the sentiment, I created the tag using dried marigold & age mahogany 
  • Thereafter, I cut the actate of desired size & using Adirondack Ink Cranberry & Lettuce and alcohol blending solution, I created a random and bright background on the acetate
  • Then I stamped the desired flower design on another cardstock and coloured using sakura 24 water colour pen & fussy cut it
  • Using the alphabet stencil, I wrote the sentiment on the sentiment tag with help of Sakura Micron 
  • Once all the elements were ready, with help of red tacky tape, I adhered the acetate background on the big background at the lower bottom , leaving it open from top (notice the acetate is adhered off centre to create balance)
  • Then I took a piece of orange twine and tied it around the base
  • With the help of foam tape, I attached the stamped flower on top of the twine
  • I punched a hole on the sentiment tag and adhered a piece twine through it & placed it in between the acetate sheet & the background
  • Finally to finish the ATC, I added some butterly sequins around the acetate 
Hope you liked the tutorial & were inspired 

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka
Crafty Flirtations 

1 comment: