Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Joys of Life #TTC3 - Art Journal Page

Hi Friends,

We are back with challenge 3 on The Twisted Challenges blog. The theme for TTC#3 is "Go Bold + Replace Me" i.e. we need to use a Bold Sentiment & replace an alphabet in sentiment.



This project is a result of a long chain of thoughts. The 1st things to click me was that I need to replace "Y" with a Martini glass. You might wonder whats the chain of thoughts in that. Wait, let me come to it. So, while I was in Pune, doing Ph.D., my favorite restaurant to eat out was a Southeast Asian restaurant called "Malaka Spice" and the most favorite drink to order there was a Watermelon Martini. You can say it was my go to drink at Malaka Spice. Not sure if they still serve it, I hope they do. I have so many memories attached to it ;) So, the "watermelon" Martini inspired colors on this page: red & green with a hint of yellow.

Joys of Life - Art Journal


Watermelon Martini was pure Joy for me. So I decided that the sentiment on this page should be "Joys of Life". Once, the sentiment & background colors were sorted, I started wondering what else brought joy in life and the thing that stood out significantly was doodling/ tangling and hence I decide to tangle along on this page. So this page really represents a part of me :)

Joys of Life - Art Journal


List of supplies:
  • Little Birdie Mixed Media Journal
  • Color Bloom Spray Mist: Sunshine, Ginger Coral
  • Cosmic Shimmer Mist: Meadow Lush 
  • Sakura Black Micron - 08, 03 & Sakura Brush Black pen
  • Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen 
  • White Charcoal Pencil 
  • Concord & 9th Perfectly Penned Stamp
  • Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
  • Martini Glass Print out
  • Glue, Paint Brush, Water Mister 

Joys of Life - Art Journal

Steps to Create:

  • I colored the handmade paper page spread in the journal using Cosmic Shimmer & Color Bloom sprays with help of paint brush & water mister (misting as needed to blend the colors).
  • Once the inks were dry, I doodled the alphabets "J", "O" & "S" using Sakura Microns & adhered Martini glass print out to resemble "Y".
  • Thereafter, I tangled all around the edges using Sakura Microns and added highlights using white gel pen.
  • I stamped "Of Life" using Concord & 9th stamp and black ink. 
  • I outlined the martini glass using 08 Micron. 
  • To finish the page, I added some shadows to the sentiment using white charcoal pencil.

Joys of Life - Art Journal

I hope you loved this simple page & my interpretation of our theme. Hop on the "The Twisted Challenges" to read all about the challenge, rules & some stunning inspiration from other design team members.

As Susi mentioned in the blog comment, being able to Tangle (art) and eat/drink food I like is a complete blessing & hence entering this page at Art Journal Journey August Challenge "Count Your Blessings"

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta
Crafty Flirtations

12 comments:

  1. AMAZING pages ! WOW!° And they would fit our new ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE theme of
    COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS as well!
    We would love to welcome you there !
    Happy August!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susi. Your comments mean so much to me. I keep on a look out for them as they are so encouraging. I have entered this page now in the Art Journal Journey Challenge :) thanks again. Happy August

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad Susi pointed you in the right direction, because this is another fabulous entry for Art Journal Journey. I am so impressed with the zentangles and how each box is so very different. The background colors DO look like a slice of watermelon, and they are warm and lush. I so enjoyed the martini glass "Y" which was quite clever for that challenge, too. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. All thanks to Susi :) Thank you so much for the liking this page and the theme this month at Art Journal Journey. I love it so much. I am looking forward to creating more pages on the theme :)

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet you. this is a fun page. Make mine a margarita and I will join you. :) erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe :) Thanks for appreciation :) Would love to make you a Margrita but I am bad at making Cocktails .. but we can go out for a couple of drinks and leave mixing of drinks to an expert bartender :) ;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you very much for linking Neha! Much appreciated!
    ♥Susi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!! I'm loving the colors and now I want a watermelon martini! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) So glad you like it & want the martini :) :) <3

      Delete
  6. your creations are so very very different from the regular ones.. each one stands for its own

    ReplyDelete