Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Books are secret magical world - Art Journal Page

Hi,

I am back with another Art Journal page.

They say that books are a man's/ woman's best friend and I so agree to that. I am a book lover & hoarder. I have more books than what I have actually read. I mostly have books on Cooking/ Nutrition/ Health or Art & Craft. I also have read a lot of fiction. I specially love sci-fi/ mythological/ mystery books when it comes to fiction as they open up a magical world wherein you set forward on a journey along with the characters in the book. I am also little crazy and possessive about my books and take the most care of them. I hate it if a page bends or it soils. I hate dog ears in books. You can say, I have OCD when it comes to books.
Books Art Journal Page 

A book with warm cup of coffee is absolute solace for me. I also know that Tejal and Saumya enjoy reading books and are crazy about books as I am. So when I was creating the Art Journal for Tejal, I knew I had to create a page exclusively with books in focus and use a quote that would specify the dream world that books bring forth with them.

Books Art Journal Page

Supplies Used:
  • 6 by 7" card stock/ chipboard 
  • White card stock 
  • Little Birdie Home Decor Chalk Paint - Pink Ballet (Used in place of gesso as a base coat)
  • Carabelle Studio - Alphabet Stencil
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology mini stencil 
  • Ranger Distress Oxide Ink: Seedless Preserves
  • Lindy's Starburst - TiffanyLou Blue, Hydrangea Blue
  • Ranger Archival Ink - Black 
  • Your Next Stamp - Bookworm Rules 
  • Ranger texture paste
  • Blending tool & foam, palette knife, glue, water mister, heat gun, paint brush  
  • Sakura Gel pens & Steadtler Fine tip pens 
  • Printed sentiment/ quote 
Books Art Journal Page

Steps to create:

  • Apply chalk paint on the card stock/ chipboard base and let it dry. 
  • Once dry, apply Oxide ink on the left half through Tim Holtz stencil.
  • Using a palette knife, apply texture paste through Carabelle Studio stencil on the right half and let it dry.
  • Once dry, color the texture paste using Lindy's spray. Use water mister to get your desired effects.
  • Stamp the image on a card stock using black ink and color using Sakura & Steadtler pens.
  • Adhere the image on the page.
  • To finish the page, adhere quotes using glue. 
Books Art Journal Page

I hope you loved this page on books as much as I loved creating it. You can view previous pages from the Art Journal by clicking on links below. 

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4
I shall be back with Page 6 soon.

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta
Crafty Flirtations

2 comments:

  1. Another stunning page ! You never cease to amaze with your unique style!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete