Friday, July 6, 2018

Believe Floral Mixed Media Canvas

Hi,

I always keep sharing mixed media project but what is Mixed Media you may ask? There are many different style of mixed media art that artists create. So what is my style of mixed media art?

Is it using multiple accents/ embellishments on a project? Is it using all techniques I know 1 single project? Is it using multiple (like 5-6 mediums) on one project? Is it using multiple colors on a single project? No, that is not my style.

My style is more restrained. Yes, my mixed media style is about mixing things up be it techniques, embellishments or medium but in a balance and restrain  so as to accentuate every little embellishment or medium used on the project. That's how most of my projects are. I do use multiple textures in my projects and art journals but I dont go over board either. That is just my style of work. I do enjoy other styles too, but just sharing what I enjoy creating the most.

Believe Floral Mixed Media


To express my style better, I am sharing a 6 by 6" floral mixed media panel with you today. I have used cool colors in shades of blue and purple with splatter of green on this panel, i.e. I have used just 1 color family. For embellishments, I have used just flowers.


Supplies used:

  • 6 by 6" MDF
  • Little Birdie (Itsy Bitsy) 2 in 1 texture paste (used as gesso)
  • Ranger texture paste 
  • Penny Black Stencil - Hynotic 
  • Lindy's Starbust Spray - TiffanyLou Blue, Hydrangea Blue 
  • Cosmic Shimmer Spray - Meadow Lush 
  • Ranger Archival Ink - Black
  • Catherine Pooler Ink - Grass Skirt, Lemon Ice 
  • Ranger Dylusion Paint After Midnight
  • Little Birdie Handmade Flowers
  • Heartfelt Creation Camelia Carnation Stamp and Die 
  • Spellbinders Foliage Die 
  • iCraft MDF Sentiment - Believe
  • Wink of Stella Clear Pen
  • Glue gun, blending tool & foam, paint brush, palette  knife
Believe Floral Mixed Media

Steps to Create:
  • Apply gesso on MDF base and set aside to dry.
  • Paint sentiment MDF "believe" with Dylusion paint.
  • Once the base is dry, apply texture paste through stencil on 2 opposite corners and let it dry.
  • Once dry, colour using Lindy's & Cosmic sprays. 
  • Stamp & die cut leaves from Camelia Carnation collection or foliage die and color using yellow and green ink.
  • Adhere the Little birdie flowers and leaves using glue gun to the panel.
  • Finish the panel by gluing the sentiment to the panel. I added a little sparkle to the sentiment using Wink of Stella Pen.
Believe Floral Mixed Media
I would like to enter this project for challenges at:

I hope you like my style of mixed media project.

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta
Crafty Flirtations 

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love yoir restrained style and I am the proud owner of this gorgeous art!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tejal :) You are always encouraging. Also, thanks a ton for clicking the pics and sending them to me :) Hugs

      Delete
  2. This is stunning! What a fantastic style! You cannot fail to be impressed by it!
    Happy weekend!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susi for your sweet words :)
      Happy Weekend to you too

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous canvas!! Love the colors in this project. Great seeing you again at MIUCB
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina. Means a lot. Was a lot of fun playing along at MIUCB

      Delete