Thursday, May 24, 2018

Scars Make You Strong - Art Journal Page

Hi,

Being a paramedic (dietitian), everything related  to health is intensified for me, however, at the same time I am always very calm about any major health related issue as I am aware about medical procedures and modes of treatment. So, when a few months back I underwent a surgery, I was very calm as I was supposed to be back and running within a week's time. However, I developed a post surgical complication and the complication didnt cure even after 2 months of surgery. For the 1st time in life, I completely broke down after 2 months, as this was a surgical complication that I was not ready for at all. I was home for 2 strait months and moved out only to see the doctor. At this moment, Tejal & Saumya's favorite quote uplifted me a lot. These quotes essential tell you that no matter how injured you are, you are only going to emerge a winner at the end.


"My Scars Are A Proof That I Survived" & "The Wound Is Where The Light Enters You" had such deep impact on me and helped me get positive in the testing times that when I decided to incorporate them in the art journal I made for Tejal, I decided to not add any other motifs on this page and keep complete focus on the quotes.



Also, as quotes were the focal point of the page, I wanted to add some more drama to the page and hence I decided to use a font with cracked look. I looked up online & found a font (free for personal use) that suited my purpose and used it for printing both the quotes. Even for the background I used Distress Crackle Paint & Alcohol Inks to give the intense cracked (scared) look. I added some patches of Nuvo Copper mousse with stencil to mimic healing wounds.



Supplies Used:

  • 6 by 7" card stock or chipboard
  • Tim Holtz Distress Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint
  • Tim Holtz Stencil 
  • Ranger Alcohol Ink: Gold, Silver. Cranberry, Lettuce, Butterscotch 
  • Ranger Distress Ink: Candied Apple 
  • Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Fresh Copper
  • Little Birdie (Itsy Bitsy) 2 in 1 texture paste (Used as gesso)
  • Paint brush, blending tool & foam, felt applicator, Sakura Microns, glue 
  • Printed quotes 

Steps to create:
  • Apply gesso on the card stock/ chipboard base and let it dry. Once dry, apply a thick coat of clear rock candy crackle and set aside to dry.
  • Dab various colours of alcohol ink (with felt applicator) on the dried page t o intensify the cracks. 
  • Apply Nuvo mousse through stencil.
  • Print and cut the quotes in small words. Colour the quotes using Candied Apple ink. 
  • Adhere the quotes on the page outline and outline the quotes on 2 sides using Sakura Microns to finish the page. 


I hope you liked this simple, yet intense page of quotes & get inspired to face tough times with strength & grit. You can view previous pages by clicking on links below:


View Page 2

View Page 1


View Page 3



























I shall soon be back with Page 5.

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta
Crafty Flirtations 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful uplifting quotes on this AMAZING page for the journal! GORGEOUS! I hope you are recovered meanwhile. Every surgery I had was a disaster! My body doesn't like surgeries and it always took me much longer too recover than any other person.
    So I feel with you and this quotes are near to my heart!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. So glad you like the page. I have finally recovered after 3.5 long months of visiting doctors and dressings. I hope you are all well and dont need any more surgeries ever in life. Big hugs to you and prayers for your health and well-being

      Delete
  2. Love how you have brought my favourite quote to life! Those months were torturous for me to see both of you girls suffer!!! Keeping my own spirits high was getting to be a challenge but am happy you both are strong survivors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Tejal have been one of the biggest supports in those months. Big panda hugs to you for keeping my spirits high and being there for me. Cheers to out friendship :)

      Delete