Saturday, May 12, 2018

Bees come where flowers blossom - Art Journal Page

Hi Friends,


Last time I shared process of creating the above rustic & grungy art journal page with you all. However, once I finish the page, I realised I adhered the sentiment sticker upside down and being an art journal, I had to correct it so that when I flip through the journal, I can read it correct. So, I removed the sentiment stickers & edited the page to add flowers & some bees. Here is the updated page & process for same (beyond what is described in the previous post).



Supplies:

  • White card stock
  • Floral Die Cut Outs
  • Ranger Distress Oxide Inks: Twisted Citron & Salty Ocean
  • Ranger Distress Ink: Black Soot
  • Ranger Black Archival Ink
  • Concord & 9th Perfectly Penned Stamp
  • Sakura Micron, Markers & Pencil colours for colouring, Water Mister, Heat Gun, Glue. scissors

Steps To Create:
  • Smoosh Oxide inks on the craft mat, mist with water and colour floral cut outs by dipping them in ink. Dry them using heat gun. Repeat the process till you achieve the desired effect. Add some dots on flower center using black Micron. 
  • Smoosh some Black Soot ink on the craft mat, dilute with water and make splatters on the page. 
  • Draw some honey bee on card stock, colour using markers or water colours and fussy cut.
  • Stick the flowers and honey bees on the journal page.
  • Add shading around the flowers using colour pencils.
  • Finish the layout by stamping sentiment using black ink. 
I hope you love this updated version as much as I love it. 

Please leave your love & feedback in the comments section.

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta
Crafty Flirtations 


No comments:

Post a Comment