Friday, May 18, 2018

A single rose can be a garden - Art Journal Page

Hi Friends,

Life is a balance of good and bad times. Happy & sad moments. We may rejoice one moment whereas in the other moment we may be faced with a difficult situation. And only those friends who stand by you and be with you in the most difficult times of life pass the test of friendship. True friends never leave your side in either good or bad times. They are always there for you and they become an integral part of the world. 



The page 2 in the art book that I make for my friend Tejal revolves around this truth of life. Though I have never met her in real life, she has been my constant support & true friend in both thick & thin times of life over the last 1 year. We chat almost daily and I cant thank her enough for the amazing friendship. I choose another one of Tejal's favorite flowers "Roses" for this page as a rose depicts these feelings in true sense. The beautiful, fragrant rose flower depicts the beautiful moments of life whereas the thorns depict the difficult times of life. 



I used 2 different styles and colors of roses (red to depict happy times and black to depict difficult times) to build this page. Red is also one of Khushboo's (Tejal's friend) favorite color and black Tejal and my favorite color. I used glitter & shine on the red side to give an extra edge of happiness to good times of life. 



Supplies used:
  • 6 by 7" card stock/ chipboard 
  • iCraft rose & circular rose stencil
  • iCraft kraft card stock
  • Ranger texture paste
  • Pie Lane red pixie dust
  • VersaMark Ink
  • Ranger Black Embossing Powder
  • Distress ink: Black Soot, Candied Apple 
  • Dress My Craft Sparkling Dust 
  • Itsy Bitsy 2 in 1 texture paste (used as gesso) 
  • Circle cutter or die 
  • Finger dauber, palette knife, foam tape, glue, water mister, blending tool, heat gun 
  • Printed sentiment/ quote 



Steps to create:

  • Apply gesso on the card stock/ chipboard base and let it dry. Blend Candied Apple Ink, mist with water and dab with cloth (this ensures very light shade of ink on the base).
  • Apply texture paste through stencil on the right upper half of the page, sprinkle red pixie dust and set aside to dry.
  • Cut circles (2" diameter) from kraft card stock. Apply VersaMark ink through stencil using finger dauber and heat set using black embossing powder.
  • Adhere the heat embossed circles on the page using glue & foam tape for dimension. 
  • Apply glue on the right edges of the page and sprinkle with Sparkling Dust.
  • Finish the page by adhering the printed sentiment/ quote.



Please do let me know what you think of this page. I hope you like it as much as I loved making this. 



I would like to enter this art page at 



I shall be soon back with Page 3 of this art journal.

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta
Crafty Flirtations 

8 comments:

  1. Oh I so loved the idea behind the red and black color scheme. And absolutely true that you dont need to meet someone to call them a best friend. You and me are proof of that!! Hugs again for this gorgeous book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊😊 i am so so happy that you love the thought and ideas behind the colour scheme ❤❤ and i didnt even have to think much about this page..it flowed naturally and was the quickest to get done too 😊😊 cheers to amazing our friendships

      Delete
  2. Your process of each page and the story and planning behind them is a pleasure to read. The way you have amalgamated or rather weaved three different people and their choices into one thread is commendable. Hats off to your spirit and cheers to the friendship that grows day by day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saumya :) When we discussed the other day that I should write my thought process behind creating my art work, it really made a difference. I enjoy writing these so much and it gives more depth to readers when they come visit the blog :) Thanks again dear. And cheers to our growing friendship. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Wonderful page! The red and black colour scheme looks so elegant with the sparkle from the pixie dust 😁. I enjoyed reading how you created it too and it's so nice of you to join in the fun at Art Journal Journey again, thanks so much! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Your appreciation means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  4. I like how you began with sharing how life has its ups and downs. You can count on your true friends in that case.

    The page you created is fabulous. The texture made me want to run my hand over the roses. They are beautiful. Again, I am impressed with the way you stepped us through the process and the gorgeous close-up photos showed the incredible detail you used. I'm thrilled you chose to join us again with this beauty at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Over the last few months I have realised what true friends are like :) I am so thrilled that you love the textures on the page so much :) It truly means a lot to me. I am looking forward to participating in more challenges at Art Journal Journey in coming months :)

      Delete