Friday, January 19, 2018

Gears & Sweet Memories - A Mixed-media layout

Hi friends,

I am sharing today a mixed-media layout with a vintage feel that I made for my sister-in-law sometime back. As I wanted a gender neutral project, I used MDF gears to embellish my project.


 The MDF gears are from iCraft by The Craft Studio. iCraft has one of the widest range of gears and lots of other designs in MDF cut-outs with appropriate thickness and clean cuts for any mixed-media project. 


For the base, I coloured a 12 by 12 MDF with Wild Honey Distress Ink in the edges and sealed the ink using Distress glaze. I than tore a pattern paper on edges to give a distressed look and gave it a wash with diluted purple and blue. Once the paint was dry, I adhered pattern paper to coloured MDF base. I added some texture using Ranger texture paste and stencils


I mixed black Fevicryl acrylic paint with Ranger texture paint and used it through Tim Holtz stencil to add texture at places. I also dusted some Perfect Pearls on the textured areas to add the gold touch. 


I used gold, silver, blue and purple Fevicryl acrylic paints to colour the gears.  



This is a metal embellishment that I coloured using similar acrylic colours as MDF. I cut the clock from a pattern paper and pasted it on center of the embellishment. I added some micro-beads and Mod-Podge dimensional to finish it.


Sweet Memories is also an MDF from iCraft and it was heat embossed with Ultra Thick Embossing Powder from Ranger 

I hope you liked this layout.

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta
Crafty Flirtations 

No comments:

Post a Comment