Thursday, March 2, 2017

DIY Supply Storage Bins (Pen Stands)

Hi Folks,

We crafters are always looking for storage solutions for our supplies & every few months I find myself re-organising my desk as I wasn't very happy with how I stored my pens, embossing tools, brushes, etc. While I was looking at re-organising day before yesterday and thinking of ways I could store my tools in the most efficient manner, it dawned upon me that I could make supply storage bins or pen stands of different lengths depending on the size of the tools and have a different bin or stand for my pens, brushes, tools, etc. I ended up making 7 (yes you read it right) bins of 3 different sizes to store my tools conveniently and beautifully on my desk. 


 I wanted some of my items like my Pergamano  scissors, the slotted hockey embossing tools, forceps to stand straight in these boxes to avoid any damage to sharp ends or easy accessibility and hence I created small pockets within my boxes itself to hold them upright and strait (as seen in orange & red boxes)


Tools: 

  • We R Memory Keepers Gift Box Punch Board
  • Textured cardstock from Rainbow Craftykari (This card stock is double ply & very thick & was ideal for these boxes)
  • Some fancy lace from my stash
  • Glue


Dimensions:

Orange Box:  
Card stock size: 9" * 9"
Final Box size: 3.25" * 3.25" * 2.5"
Strait line to be scored at L & diagonal line at M
Red Box: 
Card stock size: 10*10
Final box size: 3.25" * 3.25" * 3.25"
Strait line to be scored at L & diagonal line at L
Yellow Box: 
Card stock size 11*11
Final box size: 3.25" * 3.25" * 4"
Strait line to be scored at L & diagonal line at XL

Make boxes as we do using the gift board punch box and glue the sides and the top flaps in to make a open box pen stand and the best thing, you need hardly 5 minutes to make each box.

You could decorate these boxes the way you want, I opted for lace as I wanted to keep it simple.

Hope I have inspired you to make your storage supply bins/ pen stands.

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka
Crafty Flirtations 

No comments:

Post a Comment