Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Nickname. Day 3 of 30 Day Art Journal Class

Hi friends,

The day 3 prompt of 30 Day Art Journal Class was "Nicknames or love names used by friends/ parents/ spouse"

Story Behind my page: Neha is itself a short name & I hate when people bend it weird ways to form nickname for me. However, there is one nickname that I love and its short form of my name "NE". While I was in Pune for my higher studies, 2 of my roommates "Soumya" & "Vagisha" gave me this name affectionately & it stayed on with me completely


  • There are loads of layers in this page. Using round ink blending tools, I applied dots or you can say blotches of "Vintage Photo" & "Black Soot" distress ink on the background. 
  • Then I applied a very light coat of gesso over the entire page
  • Once the gesso was dry, I covered the whole page with "Pumice Stone" Distress stain
  • I then doodled "NE" with "Sakura Microns" and added shading using pencil colours
  • I somehow felt the page looked dull so I went on the apply Ranger "Vintage Photo" crackle paint all around the doodle
  • Once the crackle paint had dried, using a felt applicator, I dabbed "Cranberry" & "Eggplant" alcohol Ink over the crackle paint to highlight the cracks. 
I like how I am learning new techniques while making these journal pages. I had almost decided that I need to destash my alcohol inks but loved the results of dabbing of alcohol Inks on crackle paint, so I am going to explore this even further 

Links of previous pages:
Page 1  

Hope you all liked my Day 3 page. 

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka
Crafty Flirtations




No comments:

Post a Comment