Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Checkered Florals Art Journal Page

Hi Friends,

I used to tangle & practice Zentangle - the meditative art form before I got into stamping & mixed media. I had a long discussion on Zentangle with Tejal recently and hence, when I wanted to  create the mid-month inspiration for The Twisted Challenges June challenge "Checkered Florals", I decided that my focal points need to be inspired by tangle "Knightsbridge" which is a checkered tangle. I did use die cuts for the flowers, but you can cut them free hand too.

Art Journal With Checked Florals
In my art journal, to create the background, I applied Ranger Dylusions paint: Calypso Teal & Cut Grass with blending tool. Once the background colours were dry, I stamped randomly Simon Says Stamp Ornate Background using Ranger Black Archival Ink.

Art Journal With Checked Florals

For the Focal Point, I drew check pattern using Steadtler fine point red pen. Thereafter I coloured every alternate square using Steadtler Luna Water Colour pencils in shades of red, orange & yellow and blended it with water brush. For leaves, I gave a very light wash of green on die cuts and highlighted veins with a darker green pencil.

Art Journal With Checkered Floral
I adhered with leaves and flowers to the journal using glue. To finish the page, I added some quotes from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Stickers Small Talk.

Art Journal With Checkered Florals
I hope you are inspired by this simple and easy to do checkered florals page. Do participate in our ongoing challenge & win amazing prizes.

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta
Crafty Flirtations
The Twisted Challenges

2 comments: