Monday, December 18, 2017

Quick & Simple Christmas Cards

Hi Friends,

As crafters, we often get presented with opportunities where we can bring that extra smile & happiness to some.  I recently visited an old-age home in my vicinity that presented me with one such opportunity. As Christmas is around the corner, along with my friends, I decided to make & donate some Christmas cards for the elderly at old-age home. I didnt have any Christmas themed supplies, so I dug through my stash to create these beautiful cards


Materials Used:

  • Ranger Distress Oxide Ink: Candied Apple
  • Art Anthology Dimensional Paint: Brick (stone effect), Emerald (Gem Stone) 
  • Ranger Red Geranium Archival Ink 
  • iCraft Rose stencil
  • Unity Sentiment Stamp
  • Sequins from Mudra & Papericious
  • Wink Of Stella 
  • White Card stock, Acetate Sheet & Glue

Steps To Create:

  • Make a triangle stencil from an acetate sheet.
  • Cut and score card stock to create a 4 by 6" told folding card.
  • Place the rose stencil on the card and over-lay a triangle stencil on it.
  • Either blend Distress Oxide ink on the card or apply a layer of dimensional paint through the stencil to resemble a Christmas tree.
  • If using Distress Oxide Ink, once the ink is dry, paint over using Wink Of Stella to add Shimmer.
  • Stamp the sentiment using Archival ink.
  • To finish the card, add some sequins on the card to resemble ornaments.

Hope you are inspired to dig through your stash to create cards. 

Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka Rungta 

No comments:

Post a Comment